41. I can’t understand how you ________ these unpleasant surroundings.
A) put out B) put down C) put up with D) put forward(C)
42. ________ you decide to take up you should try to make it a success.
A) Whatever B) Unless C) Whenever D) If only(A)
43. If Harry did not attend the conference last night, he ________ too much work to do.
A) must have had B) must have C) had had D) had to have had(A)
44. John often attends public lectures at the University of Oxford, chiefly ________ his English.
A) to improve B) improving C) to have improved D) improved(A)
45. It was suggested at the meeting that effective measures ________ to solve the problem.
A) were taken B) be taken C) must be taken D) take(B)
46. I am ________ of your stupid conversation.
A) annoyed B) worried C) angry D) tired(D)
47. They are building the dam in ________ with another firm.
A) comparison B) association C) touch D) tune(B)
48. Most parents encourage their children to take an active part in social events, ________ those events do not interfere with their studies.
A) lest B) though C) unless D) provided(D)
49. Orlando, a city in Florida, ________ for its main attraction, Magic Kingdom.
A) which is well known B) is well known C) well known D) being well known(B)
50. He is ________ a writer as a reporter.
A) more B) rather C) not so much D) not much(C)
51. Jim is sorry ________ so impolite to your guest last Saturday.
A) to be B) having been C) being D) to have been(D)
52. I suppose that when I come back in ten years’ time all these old houses ________ down.
A) will have been pulled B) will have pulled C) will be pulling D) will be pulled(A)
53. To be sure, some insects can build complex societies ________ different types of individuals performing different tasks.
A) taken from B) made of C) composed of D) developed from(C)
54. The students will put off the outing until next week, ________ they won’t be so busy.
A) when B) as C) since D) while(A)
55. I have not found my book yet; in fact, I am not sure ________ I could have done with it.
A) whether B) why C) what D) when(C)
56. If you do not fasten your safety belt, your chances of being ________ will be greater.
A) beaten B) hurt C) damaged D) stricken(B)
57. “ ________” for many years, the writer suddenly became famous.
A) Having ignored him B) To be ignored C) To have been ignored D) Having been ignored(D)
58. This bird’s large wings ________ it to fly very fast.
A) able B) enable C) unsure D) cause(B)
59. The picture exhibition bored me to death. I wish I ________ to it.
A) have not gone B) did not go C) had not gone D) should not have gone(C)
60. I don’t swim not, but I ________ when I was a kid.
A) used to it B) used to doing it C) used to D) used to do(C)
61. I found my daughter sitting in the kitchen, crying ________.
A) strongly B) bitterly C) heavily D) deeply(B)
62. You are getting too old for football. You’d better ________ tennis instead.
A) take in B) take up C) take for D) take over(B)
63. When the two young people were married, the ceremony was anything ________ up to data.
A) but B) beside C) except D) apart from(A)
64. He didn’t mention anything about the party, ________ the date.
A) either even B) even nor C) even neither D) not even(D)
独立主格的结构一： 名词(代词)+ 分词 [现在分词、过去分词]
Silver is the best conductor of electricity, copper __ it closely.
A followed B following C to follow D being followed
All things __, the planned trip will have to be called off.
A considered B be considered C considering D having considered
独立主格的结构2：with + 名词(代词)+ 分词 [句子当中作状语]
After the Arab states won independence, great emphasis was laid on expanding education, with girls as well as boys __ to go to school.
A to be encouraged B been encouraged C being encouraged D be encouraged
43.No matter how frequently __, the works of Beethoven always attract large audiences.
A performed B performing C to be performed D being performed
perform vt. 表演，演出，演奏;
to be performed 将要被演奏; being performed 正在被演奏;
62. I remember __ to help us if we ever got into trouble.
A once offering B him once offering C him to offer D to offer him
48. Your hair wants __. You'd better have it done tomorrow.
A cut B cutting C to cut D being cut
18. This room is so dirty that it wants __.
A cleaning B to clean C being cleaned D cleaned
25. There's a man at the reception desk who seems very angry and I think he means __ trouble.
A making B to make C to have made D having made
41. It is not difficult to ________ the idea that machines may communicate information to us.
A) admit B) receive C) accept D) convince(C)
42. I have not the least ________ of hurting your feelings.
A) concept B) intention C) mind D) purpose(B)
43. As the shortage of certain metals approaches, others must be found to take their ________.
A) share B) place C) role D) shape(B)
44. The new power station is reported ________ within three years.
A) to have completed B) to have been completed
C) having Been completed D) to complete(B)
45. Mary is in bed with a fever and she can’t hope to ________ the cold in a few day.
A) get over B) get away C) get off D) get out(A)
46. Although the weather was very had, the buses still ran on ________.
A) list B) plan C) schedule D) arrangement(C)
47. The situation today is obviously quite different from ________ it was only 50 years ago.
A) what B) which C) when D) such(A)
48. Soon, Americans hope, the rains will return and ease the hardship ________ U.S. farmers.
A) faced B) faces C) facing D) to face(C)
49. Ever since the family moved to the suburbs last year, they ________ better health.
A) could have enjoyed B) have been enjoying C) had enjoyed D) are enjoying(B)
50. It is much easier to talk about social change than to ________.
A) bring it on B) bring it about C) burning it up D) bring it out(B)
51. Jane was hit on the head by the robber and was knocked ________.
A) mindless B) unaware C) brainless D) unconscious(D)
52. He likes doing some reading at home to the cinema.
A) than to go B) than going C) more than going D) rather than to go(C)
53. ________ neglecting our education, my father sent my brother and me to a summer school.
A) Accused of B) Accusing of C) That he was accused of D) To be accused of(A)
54. I bought a new house last year, but I ________ my old house yet, so at the moment I have two houses.
A) did not sell B) do not sell C) had not sold D) have not sold(D)
55. She didn’t regret paying 200 dollars for the bookcase. As a matter or a fact, she would gladly have paid ________ for it.
A) as much twice B) much as twice C) as twice much D) twice as much(D)
56. By the time you get to Beijing tomorrow, I ________ for Shanghai.
A) am leaving B) should have left C) will leave D) have already left(B)